Sony announces three new 4K cameras at NAB
At the NAB Show in Las Vegas, Sony has released three new 4K cameras. The FS5 II is an upgrade from the existing FS5 and shoots 4K HDR and 120fps in RAW and has new color science. The PXW-Z280 camcorder has 3 1/2-type Exmor R CMOS sensors outputting 4K 4:2:2 10-bit video while the PXW-Z190 compact camcorder has 3 1/3 type CMOS sensors offering 4K 50/60p footage.
Blackmagic Design releases DaVinci Resolve 15 beta
Blackmagic Design has released a beta of DaVinci Resolve 15. The upgrade that integrates visual effects into a package that also offers editing, color correction, audio post production and multi user collaboration. Resolve 15 will be available as a free version or as a paid ap with additional functionality.
Blackmagic Design announces Pocket Cinema Camera 4K
Seagate announces Rugged RAID Pro hard drive
Seagate has announced a new hard drive product and a professional creative community. The LaCie Rugged RAID Pro has 4TB of storage at RAID 0 or 1 via a Thunderbolt 3 interface which is backwards compatible with USB 3. Transfer rates are up to 240 MB/s and the drive also features an integrated SD card reader. The “Collective” is an online community for creative professionals.
Gates announces ALEXA LF housing
Gates Underwater Products has announced their housing for the ARRI ALEXA series of cameras. The ALEX LF housing supports the EV, XT, SXT, XT Plus and SXT Plus cameras. It offer compatibility with over 80 PL mount lenses and can be equipped with Gates monitor housings for the Starlite ST5 and TV Logic 55.
A new species of shark discovered in Atlantic Ocean
A new species of shark has been discovered in the Atlantic Ocean. Sixgill sharks have long been separated into two distinct species: The Bluntnose Sixgill shark, which lives over 8,000 feet below the surface and the Bigeye Sixgill shark, which inhabits most of the major oceans. However, the Atlantic species of Bigeye Sixgill has just now been declared its own species. The new species’ scientific name is Hexanchus vitulus.
Apple announces ProRes RAW format
Apple has announced that a version 10.4.1 Final Cut Pro X will introduce a new ProRes RAW codec. It will allow editors to play full-quality 4K ProRes RAW files on MacBook Pro and iMac systems in real time without rendering. Atomos Atomos Sumo 19 and Shogun Inferno devices along with the DJI Inspire 2 drone and Zenmuse X7 Super 35mm camera will bE capable of recording in ProRes RAW.
Adobe announces updates to CC video apps
- Google removes “view image” button in image search to protect… (via )
- What National Geographic photo editors actually do (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom CC Classic to version 7.2 (via )
- Here are Canon and Nikon’s crazy stockpiles at the Winter… (via )
- Underwater “rock climbing” by Australian freediver (via )
- A tale of a successful rescue from an underwater cave (via )
- Researcher of illegal wildlife trade murdered in Kenya (via )
- Trump inadvertently boosts donations to shark conservation… (via )
- Sir David Attenborough’s speech about saving the oceans (via )
- At 215 miles long, the world’s longest underwater cave has been… (via )